The event, Day One's first for Art Night Pasadena, would not have been possible without our partner Light Bringer Project, whose creative team, art-world connections, and joie de vivre made possible a fun, whimsical evening that made the event extremely popular with the public for for over four hours!
Upon entering Day One's grounds, "Sensory Overload" attendees were enveloped by the eclectic musical tastes of Day One team DJs DeLeon and Javier Hernandez. Participants of all ages then had the opportunity to visit 6 interactive, art-inspired stations, each themed around one of the 5 senses, as well as a 6th sense! At each station were facilitators who assisted young and old create their own art, test their taste buds, or sample a new smell.
- Feel: String Art - Create geometric patterns and eye-catching designs
- Smell: Create your own scents and take it home in a vial with new floral and event design studio Twigzz - located in the Pasadena Playhouse District.
- Hear: Pluck the strings and manipulate the sounds of Artist Yohei Shikeno's self-made electronic instrument!
- Taste: Test your taste buds and try to identifying different dark-chocolate covered fruits and veggies?
And in the center of it all, a glowing, LED-lighted, blinking, ice brain courtesy of Troubled Ice!
Many thanks to Light Bringer Project, Twiggz, the City of Pasadena and everyone else who joined us in making the night a resounding success!
- Pasadena Now Coverage: http://www.pasadenanow.com/main/144462