DayOne DO Something!
Day One is a community-based nonprofit organization with a 25-year history of providing effective, high quality and culturally-sensitive public health education, intervention, and policy development. Day One builds vibrant, healthy cities by advancing public health, empowering youth and igniting change.
Day One invites you to join in on a series of fun, free activities, events, and opportunities aimed at bringing our families and community together.
All activities will be hosted at Day One's HQ (175 N. Euclid Ave., Pasadena 91101) unless otherwise noted. Please RSVP.
- Mon 8/3 - Aqua (3pm- 6pm) - Block9 kicks off with an afternoon of fun in the sun. Tons of sand, water slide, foam pit & yummy fresh fruit return for the whole community to enjoy.
- Mon 8/3 - LUAU (6-9pm) - What better way to end the summer but with a traditional Hawaiian Luau? Put on a flowered shirt, grab some friends and family and head over to Day One to celebrate summer Hawaii style. Enjoy Hula and Fire Dancers, a limbo contest, delicious Hawaiian BBQ, and the eclectic sounds of the island. Bring: comfortable clothes, picnic blanket
- Tue 8/4 - ARTvocaacy (10am-12pm) - Unleash your passion, creativity, voice through this chaotic, hands-on, out of the box ARTvocacy class. We will explore the theme of Art as a tool for Advocacy.
- Tue 8/4 - Get Your Game On (12pm-5pm) - Join us for an afternoon filled with games and physical activity. Highlights will include hours of beach volleyball, beach soccer, water balloon toss, frisbee, hoola hooping, bocce ball, and cooling off by Playa Pasadena.
- Wed 8/5 - Bollywood (6-9pm) -Transport yourself into the world of music, dance, dynamic rhythm and spirituality that characterizes incredible India with both the rich traditions and modern interpretations of India's signature sound. Indulge in an evening of Bollywood Sounds and Dancers of India give an authentic taste of the richness and excitement of Indian music.
- Thu 8/6 - Bike Night! (5-9pm) - Thursday night will feature FREE basic bike repair, bike giveaways, music snacks, short bike films and more! Volunteers from BikeSGV and mechanics from Peformance Bikes Pasadena will be on hand to service bikes free of charge
- Fri 8/7 - Pachanga Pasadena (7-10pm) - Muevete! A night of friends, family, food, Banda and Tamborazo!
- Sat 8/8: Push Play Pasadena Youth Music & Arts Festival - Local artists and musicians of all ages come together to create an eclectic evening to close Block9's series of events. Attendees will enjoy activities such as free henna tattoos, caricatures, photo booth, food trucks, and of course live musical acts ranging from acoustic guitar to hip-hop duos and dance DJs. Bring: blanket/towel
Day One News
In an effort to better inform the community about our prevention efforts, upcoming events, health tips and community health news, Day One staff and Youth Advocate have launched a blog. Subscribe to our RSS to stay up to date with the latest!
Day One's programming is made possible by you. Volunteer and/or donate today to support our prevention services.
Live LOUD- Take Action!
Day One urges you to "Live LOUD" and support the development of healthier, vibrant communities for all. Click here to see some of our current efforts, and how you can help support them by signing petitions, speaking up and more!
SGV Regional Bike Plan
Implementation of the 5-city Regional Bike Plan project is underway! For project updates, or to get involved with efforts to create a more bike-friendly San Gabriel Valley, please visit the Regional Bike Plan Project Website (www.DObikePlan.com)
Your vote is your VOICE, locally, regionally and nationally. The state of California now offers online registration, making it easier than ever to register for the first time, update your home address, or request vote-by-mail!